Tuesday 19 January 2016

Fulmentarus

This is the first of my ridiculously points-expensive 5-man Cyclone Missile Launcher squad:



These guys spit out 10 missiles a turn from a Terminator armour platform, but cost close to a mighty 400 points for a squad of 5.

I used Spellcrow's "Blizzard Missile Launchers" for their Cyclones, which were the only ones that I found which weren't ridiculously big - sadly, Forgeworld don't do their own weapon pack for them yet. I'm quite happy with how they look.. but not so happy with how they came:


How on earth you are supposed to separate the launchers without snapping the brittle resin in half I have no idea. I certainly didn't manage it on the two that I've taken off the sprue so far - both snapped, thankfully not too badly. I managed to glue them back together and file off the gigantic mess of flash leftover:


..but I think it's pretty obvious why they don't show the backs of the launchers on their website!

- Izzinatah

No comments:

Post a Comment